Thursday 23 February 2012

HN 2.0

I've previously mentioned that there is additional money to support this development, and that one of the areas we planned to invest in was assessment. I am about to kick-off a new project to modernise the assessment within the revised HNC.

The HN 2.0 project aims to explore how Web 2.0/social media can be used to assist lecturers carry out assessment in the new HNC award. The objectives are:
  1. identify specific Web 2.0 technologies that can be used for assessment
  2. identify units within the new HNC that could be assessed through social media
  3. exemplify this in terms of concrete examples of evidence generation through social media.
The deliverables will be a report and a workshop.

I haven't created a detailed project plan yet, so I can't be sure about timescales, but I hope to have the work complete by the summer.

I will be seeking volunteers for this project through the usual channels (such as the online group) but contact me directly if you are interested in getting involved.

No comments:

Post a Comment